Getting a ticket for a traffic violation can be a hassle, especially since it involves visiting the court in order to settle your fines. Fortunately, if you’re living in New Jersey, the entire process has been made a lot easier with the help of NJMCDirect.
What is NJMCDirect?
NJMCDirect is basically an online web portal that allows you to pay your ticket fines online. It’s operated by the New Jersey Court and is designed to make it easier for those who violated the traffic to settle their fines. Therefore, instead of standing in long queues in order to pay your ticket fines in the court, you can instead do the transaction online.
Apart from paying your fines, you can also gain access to your traffic and complaint details. Additionally, the transactions are quick and secure, so you don’t have to worry about waiting for a long time for your payment to get processed, nor will you have to worry about any security issues.
How to Pay a New Jersey Traffic Ticket via NJMCDirect?
In order to pay your traffic ticket online, you will need a few things first. These will be necessary if you want to proceed with the transaction. They’re as follows:
- Traffic Ticket – Needless to say, you will need your traffic ticket since it will be used as proof. A traffic ticket is given to you by a traffic officer each time you make a traffic violation. Your traffic ticket will include your Court ID and Ticket Number which you will need to input in NJMCDirect’s website. Aside from that, it will also include the type of violation you have committed.
- License Plate Number – You should also have the license plate number. This can be found on your driving license.
- Credit Card – Payments made through NJMCDirect are done through credit cards. Therefore, you need to secure your credit card in order to process your payment. They accept VISA and MasterCard for this.
- Online Payment Hours – Lastly, you have to consider the website’s payment hours. Even though this method allows you to pay your fines in a hassle-free means, you still have to keep in mind that they are not available 24/7. You can only make payments from 4:30 AM to 11:15 PM (EST) from Monday to Thursday, 4:30 AM to 10:15 PM (EST) every Friday, 4:30 AM to 3:15 PM (EST) during Saturdays and 1:00 PM to 11:15 PM (EST) during Sunday.
How to Access the NJMCDirect Website?
Once you have prepared everything you need, you can proceed to access the payment portal. In order to do so, simply follow these steps:
- Open your browser then visit NJMCDirect’s website.
- From there, you’ll find four empty fields where you have to input all the necessary information from your traffic ticket.
- Using your traffic ticket, enter your Court ID, prefix, ticket number, as well as your license plate number.
- After that, click Continue to proceed with the transaction.
- You’ll then come across two options: View NJMCDirect Ticket or Process NJMCDirect Ticket Payment.
- If you go for the first option, you will be able to see your ticket. You can use it to compare the information it has to your ticket.
- If you go for the second option, you will be able to proceed with the payment process.
- You should choose to pay your fine whether via VISA or MasterCard.
- After that, your fine should be settled.
In the event that you come across issues while making a payment, you can contact NJMCDirect’s customer service. You can reach out to them through the following contact details:
- Phone – 973 284 4945
- Fax – 973 284 4914
- Email –emailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Your transaction details will be available in the payment portal for a maximum of 90 days. This means that you can still check them until that period.
With NJMCDirect, you no longer have to wait for a long time just to settle your traffic violation. The portal makes the entire process faster, easier, secure, and a lot more convenient. Hopefully, this information will allow you to deal with your traffic violations without having to visit the court at all.