Mountain Bike Oregon Details
“It’s like you take all the inconvenient parts of a mountain biking weekend and do it all for us.
You scope out the trails—we ride them; you shuttle up—we bomb down; you cook—we eat;
you tap the kegs—we drink the beer. Everyone is super friendly and super helpful,
and the riding is just amazing!”
WHAT TO EXPECT
Mountain Bike Oregon features three fully supported days of incredible single-track riding in Oakridge, Oregon. You choose which ride you want to do each day, then either board one of our classic school buses to be shuttled to the trailhead, or join one of the guided rides from camp.
Once you arrive at MBO, we take care of everything. Your pass includes:
- Camping along the beautiful Willamette River
- Hot breakfasts and dinners
- Delicious lunch fixings for you to make for your day on the trail
- Free adult beverage garden featuring Oregon craft beer and wine
- Nightly fun and games, including the famous MBO beer garden crit
- Daily yoga sessions
See below for a list of gear and other essentials you will want to bring to MBO.
Demos and Exhibitors at MBO
Some of the bike industry’s top names such as Ibis, Giant and Specialized (to name a few) will be in our exhibitor area with the latest gear for you to check out. They offer:
- Free demo bikes (Demo bikes are limited and are not guaranteed- you still need to bring your own bike)
- Free mechanical support
- Bike maintenance clinics
WHAT IT COSTS
(Registration is only available in advance, online.)
All shuttles, meals and camping are included.
- $429 after September 4th, 2012
Top of the Middle Fork: Ride the entire Middle Fork Trail from Timpanogas Lake to the bottom. Secure your spot on this wildly scenic and epic ride (Limited to 20 riders each day).
- Extra cost of $50 per person
Moon Point - Lower Middle Fork (GOATS Fundraiser Ride): You probably already know that Moon Point Trail is an awesome trail riding experience and that it is THE most popular trail option at MBO the few times it has been offered. Help MBO raise money for the GOATS (Greater Oakridge Trail Stewards) to continue to improve and maintain the Oakridge area trails. A percentage of these proceeds will be donated to GOATS's trail fund.
- Extra cost of $30 per person.
You must be age 15 or over to register for MBO.
You should be at least an intermediate level rider to participate in MBO. The Oakridge trails are not beginner friendly.
Camping and meals are included. Guests may not ride on the shuttle buses or join guided rides from camp.
- $125 for each guest (age 11 and over) for the weekend.
$60 for each child under 11 for the weekend.
If you need to cancel and request a refund for Mountain Bike Oregon, please email us and make sure the words “Cancellation” or “Refund” are in the subject line. Our refund policy works as follows:
- Greater than 90 Days before the beginning of the event: 75% of registration fee refunded
- Between 89 and 60 Days before the beginning of the event: 60% of registration fee refunded
- Between 59 and 30 Days before the beginning of the event: 50% of registration fee refunded
No refund if cancelled within 30 days of the beginning of the event.
Registration is non-transferable. You cannot sell or give away your MBO pass. These policies will be strictly enforced.
For more information or questions:
Oakridge is 150 miles south of Portland and 40 miles east of Eugene on Hwy 58. Greenwaters Park is on the east end of town. See Map.
PARKING AND LODGING
- No on-site car parking. Cars found parked on site or in the grass will be towed.
- Free parking is available near the campground (no RVs or trailers).
- No hook-ups available.
RV and Trailer Info
RV and trailer parking is located nearby at two different RV parks and is not coordinated by Mountain Bike Oregon. Please contact them directly if you want to reserve a site:
Other Lodging Options
Oregon Adventures the parent company of MBO is now operating the Oakridge Motel. The motel is conveniently located to Greenwaters Park in Oakridge and features many amenities for cyclists including a bike washing area, bike storage, workstands and staff that knows the trails. You can go online and reserve a room anytime on the Oakridge Motel website.
For more local lodging options please visit Eugene, Cascades & Coast or the Oakridge Chamber.
Below is a list of recommended gear to bring to MBO:
- Bike shoes
- Bike clothing
- Hydration pack or water bottles
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Camp chair
- Flashlight or bike light
- Warm jacket for the evenings